All times are UTC - 7 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 12 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: new pc!
PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2012 8:42 am 
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jul 13, 2009 2:04 pm
Posts: 152
I got a new pc a couple of weeks ago. I dropped 1200$ on it not including a psu and monitor. I havent found a game I cant run on max settings and most run on max with 80fps or higher. Except bf3, can you run it says i only barely meet the minimum settings and i dont understand why because im higher than all the numbers its putting out there.
bf3 me
Pixel Shader version 5.0 5.0
Vertex Shader version 5.0 5.0
Dedicated Video RAM 1 GB 2.0 GB still fail on the recommended


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: new pc!
PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2012 10:51 am 
User avatar

Joined: Thu Apr 16, 2009 6:35 pm
Posts: 710
Location: Land of 10,000 Odors.
You should be good, playing at HIGH settings. BF3 is a beast though, it uses hella VRAM.

_________________
I'm from a city known for rollin' cigars Hoppin' fences in historic districts, evadin' patrol cars


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: new pc!
PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2012 9:18 am 
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jul 13, 2009 2:04 pm
Posts: 152
I don't really intend on playing it on pc, I already have it for xbox. I was just bothered but the canirunit results

[ Posted from a mobile device ] Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: new pc!
PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2012 7:43 pm 
The Boss
User avatar

Joined: Wed Feb 18, 2009 4:22 pm
Posts: 1801
Location: AZ Desert
maybe your video card isnt up to par or some shit. what are your specs

_________________
I’m basically a bear in human form

Fuck peace, hoes, and flat tops.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: new pc!
PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2012 9:07 pm 
Core Member
User avatar

Joined: Mon Apr 06, 2009 11:41 pm
Posts: 838
Location: The Moon
I bought a new decked out PC, and the most I have played on it was free cell :/


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: new pc!
PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2012 10:33 pm 
The Boss
User avatar

Joined: Wed Feb 18, 2009 4:22 pm
Posts: 1801
Location: AZ Desert
tetris clan for life

_________________
I’m basically a bear in human form

Fuck peace, hoes, and flat tops.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: new pc!
PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 6:47 am 
User avatar

Joined: Thu Apr 16, 2009 6:35 pm
Posts: 710
Location: Land of 10,000 Odors.
dub wrote:
I bought a new decked out PC, and the most I have played on it was free cell :/


See, thats troubling to me. You go BALLS out for a new PC, and then you barely use the fuckin' thing. Don't get me wrong, I got in a good amount of time with BF3, but I expected alot more use out of it. Like a new mmorpg.

_________________
I'm from a city known for rollin' cigars Hoppin' fences in historic districts, evadin' patrol cars


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: new pc!
PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2012 9:52 am 
Core Member
User avatar

Joined: Mon Apr 06, 2009 11:41 pm
Posts: 838
Location: The Moon
KONTAKT wrote:
dub wrote:
I bought a new decked out PC, and the most I have played on it was free cell :/


See, thats troubling to me. You go BALLS out for a new PC, and then you barely use the fuckin' thing. Don't get me wrong, I got in a good amount of time with BF3, but I expected alot more use out of it. Like a new mmorpg.


I was exaggerating a bit :) I played a bit of Skyrim on it, got to level 15 or 16. Went back and played a handful of single player games that I didn't have the juice to run a while ago, Fallout games, etc. I just don't have time to sink into FPS anymore, so whenever I play newer games I get my ass handed to me. Especially games like BF where guys have been playing essentially the same game for the last 5-6 years, and I just pick it up here or there. I heard there is a new tribes out, that is supposed to be pretty good so I might check it out, I think it is possibly free to play (pay for upgrades and shit).

The last game I played even at a remotely high level was Gears of War 3 on the 360, and still there are kids that put in 12-18 hours a day on that shit. I will be wrecking fuckers, and then some shit head kids comes in and hands me my lunch to the point where I am lucky to break even. Now a days, I am content with knowing my time has passed and switching to games that I can pick up off and on and not feel like a whole generation has skipped me :(


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: new pc!
PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2012 3:12 pm 

Joined: Thu Jun 04, 2009 4:52 pm
Posts: 152
dub wrote:
KONTAKT wrote:
dub wrote:
I bought a new decked out PC, and the most I have played on it was free cell :/


See, thats troubling to me. You go BALLS out for a new PC, and then you barely use the fuckin' thing. Don't get me wrong, I got in a good amount of time with BF3, but I expected alot more use out of it. Like a new mmorpg.


I was exaggerating a bit :) I played a bit of Skyrim on it, got to level 15 or 16. Went back and played a handful of single player games that I didn't have the juice to run a while ago, Fallout games, etc. I just don't have time to sink into FPS anymore, so whenever I play newer games I get my ass handed to me. Especially games like BF where guys have been playing essentially the same game for the last 5-6 years, and I just pick it up here or there. I heard there is a new tribes out, that is supposed to be pretty good so I might check it out, I think it is possibly free to play (pay for upgrades and shit).

The last game I played even at a remotely high level was Gears of War 3 on the 360, and still there are kids that put in 12-18 hours a day on that shit. I will be wrecking fuckers, and then some shit head kids comes in and hands me my lunch to the point where I am lucky to break even. Now a days, I am content with knowing my time has passed and switching to games that I can pick up off and on and not feel like a whole generation has skipped me :(



HAHA, I'm only content when I make those punk bitch kids wonder if I am hacking!

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: new pc!
PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2012 8:11 am 
User avatar

Joined: Thu Apr 16, 2009 6:35 pm
Posts: 710
Location: Land of 10,000 Odors.
Yeah, no doubt. My lil cousin was kickin' my ass hard in wwf wrestling for xbox 360. I'm only 27, and I dont have the speed or reflexes to BUTTON MASH those type of games anymore. Christ, I think I got early signs of carpal tunnel in my right hand. Console games especially kill my hands anymore.

_________________
I'm from a city known for rollin' cigars Hoppin' fences in historic districts, evadin' patrol cars


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 12 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

All times are UTC - 7 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
cron
Powered by phpBB