All times are UTC - 7 hours

Post subject: Mike Tyson The Today Show 6/19/12
PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2012 1:39 pm 

LOL, this guy whether in the ring or out. He NEVER disappoints.

"I became a VEGAN because of venereal diseases" HAH!

Go MIKEY, Go!

Post subject: Re: Mike Tyson The Today Show 6/19/12
PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2012 3:54 pm 
Core Member

My favorite boxer of all time, in terms of those who I actually saw live. Mother fucker is crazy, and honestly his nice guy crazy is scarier than his mean guy crazy. He seems like he could snap at any moment and just start ripping people's heads off, all the while giggling like a school girl.

For all the people that want to bag on him for just being a slugger, just look at this dude in his prime:

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2012 6:52 am 

Tyson vs holyfield = bath salts

[ Posted from a mobile device ] Image

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2012 12:02 pm 

dub wrote:
My favorite boxer of all time, in terms of those who I actually saw live. Mother fucker is crazy, and honestly his nice guy crazy is scarier than his mean guy crazy. He seems like he could snap at any moment and just start ripping people's heads off, all the while giggling like a school girl.

For all the people that want to bag on him for just being a slugger, just look at this dude in his prime:

I don't have anything bad to say about Mike. He was a hell of an athlete in his HEYDAY. I just think he was a product of the envirorment around him. When Cus Damato passed, you might say that was the precursor to Mike's problems, in and out of the ring. Who knows what Mike might of accomplished had Cus stuck around a few more years.

I always been partial to "BIG" George Foreman though. Another HEAVY HITTER who could knock your HEAD OFF with either hand. I would of loved to witness those two SLUG it out in their PRIME.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2012 7:40 pm 
The Boss

heres a piece of interview with teddy atlas who talks about mike tyson and shit

Teddy Atlas interview wrote:
RK: Speaking of trainers who get raw talent to work with, what was it like working with Mike Tyson when he was 14?

Young, Lean and Mean
TA: First of all, I started with him when he was 12. I trained him for the first four years, Rooney was nowhere near him. After I left, he moved into that gap. Anyway, he was 12 and 195 pounds with no fat. He was an extraordinary physical specimen. On one hand, you could say I had good material. Yes. But on the other hand, what’s not as easy to observe, is that it was not good material mentally. He was emotionally weak, he was always insecure. He was fractured and crooked in a lot of areas. You had to work with that, and understand that, and try and supplement that and work around it. He got help with that to a certain degree.

Another thing is that although he was very fast, and very powerful, he had to be taught how to use those physical abilities. The car was good, but you still had to have a good driver to make sure that car didn’t go over the cliff the first time it went out. So, we got the benefit of good material, no doubt about it, but he also got the benefit of being somewhere where people taught him the right way for him. We taught him how to make a guy miss and then exploit that with his speed and strength. If he wasn’t taught those things he would have just been another strong guy. There was plenty of strong guys out there, he wasn’t unique in that way, but they didn’t come heavyweight champion of the world because they didn’t get the benefit of this training.

RK: Do you think if Cus wouldn’t have passed away so soon into his career that he could have been the greatest of all time?
TA: No. No, because his character was flawed. Why would you think he could become the greatest of all time without character? Why would you think that? Why would you be so blazon? So arrogant? Think about it – and I know I’m strong about these things but too bad – how could someone be so stupid to say he could be the greatest? He had no character. He didn’t have the ability to overcome controversy like Ali and Joe Louis. They overcame personal issues, they faced them, Tyson didn’t have that ability. Those guys had longevity because of that, he was missing that character. To be missing that is more important than missing speed and power. I’ve seen guys with great character who have become great fighters without being the best physically. We can’t say we would have been a great fighter without great character.

Cus and Tyson
I happen to know what Tyson was, and where he was heading when Cus was alive. He was already doing things that were wrong, but they were being covered better. Jim Jacobs and Cus were doing a good job with the press, but he was doing terrible, horrible things. A lot of the things that came to light later, he was already doing, you just didn’t know about it. I’m giving you an informed answer. When I say nothing would have changed if Cus had lived longer, I know because Tyson was already headed that way before he died.

He already had those flaws when Cus was around but they were hidden by his talent. When the talent couldn’t hide it, they came to the forefront. We all saw them. I happen to know though that it is unfair to make Cus a saint. I appreciate him, but I also don’t appreciate him for some things I’m aware of.
RK: There was an infamous incident where you put a gun to Mike Tyson’s head before you left camp. Do you have any regrets about that decision?
TA: Why would I regret that? Listen, I don’t want to go to jail for the rest of life any more than anyone else. But, I don’t want my family to be raped, to be abused. I would rather face a danger from myself than to live with the knowledge that something happened to my family and I could have prevented it. I’m not allowing someone to hurt and abuse my family and it’s that simple. Did I want to do that? Do I condone doing those things? Of course not. But at the time I felt I didn’t have any other option.

http://www.whatiwannaknow.com/2011/12/teddy-atlas/

Fuck peace, hoes, and flat tops.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2012 7:44 pm 
The Boss

i dont care what they say about iron mike, he was awesome. still is.

Fuck peace, hoes, and flat tops.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2012 11:41 pm 

Naw, Mikey's cool. We all know now Mike suffered from HARDCORE Bipolar disorder. Not to mention, the whores, drugs, and siding with Don King didn't help his situation either. Thats why I always say, contrary to what Teddy thinks, had Mike kept a better group of people around him, maybe his career would of went to greater areas. Maybe he would'nt of ended up in PRISON on a RAPE charge. I know for a fact, from reading and a biography on Mike, that Cus didn't PLAY when it came to Mike's well being. He was one of the only people who could break down the mental barriers inside his head. Reach him on a personal level, not just in the training room.