All times are UTC - 7 hours

Post subject: roku
PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2012 9:49 pm 
The Boss

i just got a roku xs. anyone else have one? anyone else have an opinion of them? my tv is internet equipped already and is netflix ready, but does not have amazon video. i recently moved into a new house and my TV is not wireless capable without a billion dollar dongle, and instead of multiple routers modems switches and hubs, i got a roku. it streams excellently so far. this thing is smaller than a sandwich.

Fuck peace, hoes, and flat tops.

Post subject: Re: roku
PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2012 12:08 pm 

I've heard of Roku box. Can't honestly say i've tried one though. My Sharp TV has Netflix too, although I never tried it. Question, doesn't this Roku box kind of defeat the WHOLE PURPOSE of an Xbox-360 or Playstation 3? Playstation 3's can also LIVE STREAM.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2012 7:23 pm 
The Boss

yeah, they are also a lot cheaper than an xbox or ps3. roku doesnt play games (a limited shitty selection of mobile games)

it also has channels available to watch other things, like amazon video on demand.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2012 1:36 pm 

TRUTH. Although, PS3 now has Amazon Prime, VUDU, and a host of other shit, including Direct Tv's Sports package. Including NFL ticket, if you're into that kind of shit. But for 50 bones, the Roku box is a nice deal.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2012 7:03 pm 
The Boss

oh, i didnt know ps3 had amazon prime now. well for fucks sake. anyway its not bad at all and is pretty tiny.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2012 12:17 pm 

that channel called Crackle thats free on Roku is AWESOME. its nothing but shitty 80s and 90s movies for the most part. i want a Roku just for that.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2012 10:27 am 
Core Member

KONTAKT wrote:
TRUTH. Although, PS3 now has Amazon Prime, VUDU, and a host of other shit, including Direct Tv's Sports package. Including NFL ticket, if you're into that kind of shit. But for 50 bones, the Roku box is a nice deal.

I looked into getting a Roku for my parents, who wanted to ditch DirecTV. Unfortunately, when we ran the numbers, paying for all the separate subscriptions wound up being just slightly less than what they are paying for sat, without local channels. There just isn't a truly cost effective way to get comparable content, especially when you take into account local channels and being able to watch it live. Of course you could just pirate the majority of it, but good fucking luck trying to do it legally.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2012 4:03 pm 
The Boss

dub i imagine your parents as vikings, even your mom (no disrespect or nothin). maybe both bearded and tough.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 7:13 am 

Lmao

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 9:14 am 
Core Member

Pao wrote:
dub i imagine your parents as vikings, even your mom (no disrespect or nothin). maybe both bearded and tough.

Close. We are Irish, so we definitely have some Viking blood due to the Vikings raping and pillaging everyone in the northern hemisphere (especially Ireland). My dad is almost an inch taller than me (6'2") and used to rock a huge beard when I was growing up. We look very similar, there are pictures of us at the same age that are hard to tell apart. My mom has gained weight in the last 10 years, but she used to be a small/skinny lady. I will try to find some pics to show you the awesomeness

pimp wrote:
Lmao

Shut the fuck up pimp.