All times are UTC - 7 hours

Post subject: So I started lifting weights....
PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2010 12:40 am 

SuBz...imma catch up to you and surpass you!...I'm not eating anything super healthy like you though...just eating less portions of food and taking more protien...currently drinking dymatize whey protien and taking opti-men multi vitamins. Its tough going to the gym and not being able to lift what you used to be able to do easily 3 years ago...Hopefully 3 months and i can be in great shape

[ Posted from a mobile device ] Image

Post subject: Re: So I started lifting weights....
PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2010 3:01 am 

ive been lifting for 4-5 days a week for 6 weeks now.. already seeing results

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2010 6:46 am 

Without eating right gaining muscle mass is gonna be a challenge. Especially for some guys who got a faster metabolism. It all depends though, are you tryin' to just tone or get bulky??? Some supplements help and just straight exercise does provide the necessary stimulus to grow, but your not gonna see huge gains in builiding muscle.

Theres really only 2 components that work together to gain muscle. Obviously exercising, weight-training and cardio. The other is definitely proper nutrition. Alot of times though nutrition is left out and most people solely focus on exercise. Its usually the leading cause of dissatisfaction in muscle mass gains. Though, nutrition is what actually adds the muscle. Its a must to have protein in your diet.

Hope this helps, going on 26 now I really slowed down with my workouts. I actually need to get back at it too.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2010 8:56 am 

I'm actually going to do both, get toned and have size....I started at 215 pounds and for the most part, have the muscle mass, just need to tone down a bit. On the same token I have not worked out since 2007 on a regular basis anyway. I plan to go down to about 185 pounds and stay lean. Like i said, I wasnt eating terrible, but I didnt limit my caloric intake. Right now, I'm supplementing meals with protien shakes and drinking at least a gram of protien for every pound I weigh (roughly taking between 150-200 grams of protien a day, and letting my diet, solid foods, make up the rest of the protien intake needed)

Its funny I was stronger at 21 then I am now, but 2-3 months of a steady workout and I can be in shape and ready to go.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2010 11:11 am 

Yup, I felt the same way. I havent worked out regularly since 05-07' either. I definitely felt the same way about my strength, hell even my stamina. I was in my best shape when I was in HS, playing football. I'm 5'11 and was right around 200lb. Played HB position. I know thats kinda small, but I was a pretty quick bump n run player. I miss those days. Now im back down to a buck 75.

Those protein shakes are great. And 200 grams is fine as long as you get a hell of a work-out goin'. After about 2 monthes you'll be back on track. It's like any other routine. Starting is the hardest part.

Last edited by KONTAKT on Fri Sep 03, 2010 11:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2010 11:13 am 

So your are 215lbs right now??? By the way how tall are you???

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2010 1:53 pm 

PeteyPWN wrote:
I'm actually going to do both, get toned and have size....I started at 215 pounds and for the most part, have the muscle mass, just need to tone down a bit. On the same token I have not worked out since 2007 on a regular basis anyway. I plan to go down to about 185 pounds and stay lean. Like i said, I wasnt eating terrible, but I didnt limit my caloric intake. Right now, I'm supplementing meals with protien shakes and drinking at least a gram of protien for every pound I weigh (roughly taking between 150-200 grams of protien a day, and letting my diet, solid foods, make up the rest of the protien intake needed)

Its funny I was stronger at 21 then I am now, but 2-3 months of a steady workout and I can be in shape and ready to go.

I am on a cycle of E-stane now, good luck surpassing me LOL

I welcome the challenge, also, try MyoFusion Banana, its the best. Xtreme Formulations makes the best tasting protein ever as well.

For multi I recommend: Orange Triad
Fish Oil: OxiMega Fish Oil
Intra: SizeOn (has done wonders for me)

Ive been setting PR's the past few weeks, I am squating 280 lbs, benching 280, and my deadlifts are up to 350lbs

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2010 11:32 pm 

Ill pass it, Subz....I dont need ur luck :)

PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2010 12:05 am 

KONTAKT wrote:
So your are 215lbs right now??? By the way how tall are you???

I'm also 5'11...lol that pic pao put up, the seperated at birth i was about 170 on that one

PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2010 8:09 am 

Wow, why dont you two just whip your cocks out and measure them already. Btw, SubZ thats pretty damn hardcore. Not many people can deadlift 350lb. If they say they can, most are completely full of shit.