All times are UTC - 7 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 46 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: HIP-HOP HEADS!
PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2010 9:29 am 
Core Member

Haha, even Pao came through with some good shit! Always a fan of Big L. Dude, Kontakt that is a fucking sweet track you got there. Reminds me a little bit of mix between 9th Wonder and Large Professor. Really really good, didn't expect that, lol.

Alright to keep it going, one of my favorite songs of ALL TIME:

PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2010 2:02 pm 

I apperciate it Dub. Im just starting to branch out with this shit. Although I still need time to learn and its getting a little easier. I feel im not where I should be with it after 5+ yrs. I also like constructive criticism cause it inspires me to do even better the next time. Its just gonna take time. PRACTICE, PRACTICE, PRACTICE.

Dope track btw, never heard these d00ds before..

PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2010 2:09 pm 
Core Member

KONTAKT wrote:
I apperciate it Dub. Im just starting to branch out with this shit. Although I still need time to learn and its getting a little easier. I feel im not where I should be with it after 5+ yrs. I also like constructive criticism cause it inspires me to do even better the next time. Its just gonna take time. PRACTICE, PRACTICE, PRACTICE.

Dope track btw, never heard these d00ds before..

Not much criticism here, at least for that track. Real clean. Like it a lot. I know how you feel about that though (not being where you should) I did the same thing with guitars. I played and played, and never really got good. I mean I can play other people's shit, not well, but I wanted to be able to make it my own. Never could. Then real life gets in the way, and I never get around to it anymore. But you seem to have a real love for it, which is a huge part of pushing on. Post some other stuff if you get a chance.

Alright another track, not so much one of my favorites, but someone I have been playing recently. His is from the Pittsburgh area maybe you have heard of him Kontakt. Mac Miller? He has a new mixtape out:

PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2010 2:14 pm 

Last track I did was here in July. I been busy lately and havent got a damn thing done. These are all 128kpbs. Sorry, I cant post the 320kpbs bit rate ones unless any of you wanna buy these. :D

I hope you enjoy, I think its got a real summer feel to it. Reminds me of havin' cook-outs with friends and family. Or when you was growin' up during one of them hot July afternoons kickin' it with your buddies having a good time.

http://www.mediafire.com/?idvc4slzl8a1ek9

PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2010 2:21 pm 

I can relate, not the wife and kids part of it, but I can definitely relate. Life usually does get in the way of things you always wanted to do or accomplish. I know your family probably comes first, but if you really enjoy and love playing the guitar definitely keep with it. Shit even for your sons sake. Cause shit, your sons might just pick that axe up one day, be a fuckin' natural at it like another SRV or Clapton and make money and daddy a lot of money one day.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2010 5:45 pm 

Peep this Dub, dunno if you heard of this cat or not. Exile??? Real real coo electro sounding beats, a lot of 8-bit 16-bit sounds. Almost reminds me of another Dilla or Flying Lotus. Real chill chill stuff..

Lets get this thread BOOOMING again!
:d0ng:

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2010 5:52 pm 

Another d00d ive had on rotation for a min. Just real shit...

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2010 5:54 pm 

This d00d is a SYLLABLE MASTER. Murks it'. Always keep him in your deck..

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 3:25 pm 
Core Member

I have seen Blu and Exile in concert, but never heard of that Qwel cat. Interesting flow, kinda like a higher pitched Brother Ali.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 3:27 pm 
Core Member

This is what I have been rocking lately:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 46 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next